Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #450
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
Have you played any of the other maps? Unlike other games were expansion maps don't add much, in PG many of them have seemingly minor changes that affect strategy in rather profound ways.

For more scarcity try the China/Korea maps. Korea splits the markets in two with Best Korea being smaller and having no uranium and South Korea being larger and having access to all resources. Each turn you pick one or the other market to buy from and can only by from that market that turn.

China is my favorite map. Resources are also very scarce in the first two phases. The economy is also planned (i.e. plants come out in numerical order until the third phase) which means inefficient plans stay in play longer compounding the scarcity. Really gives a very different experience than the base game.

In the opposite direction the BeNeLux map speeds up game play considerably particularly for games with fewer players!

I haven't yet. We have the standard version of the game, our board has the US on one side and Germany on the other. We've played four games total - 3 on the US map (2, 3 and 4 players) and one on the German map (2 players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctus View Post
It varies quite a bit actually. Our fastest was about 30 minutes and our longest was about 4 1/2 hours. The majority of our games lasted around 1 1/2 hours.

You may be thinking that the games start off quickly and take longer the more you play (or vice versa); but this wasn't the case for my group. The rules evolve and the board evolves so the strategies evolve.

Interesting. Trying to plan out a night (or day) for this, and not sure how much time we should set aside. Good to know that things vary and it's not predictable, though that might not help when it comes to scheduling
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote