Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #476
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

King of Tokyo

Second walk through doing a solo 6 player game to further solidify the game play before I try it with other people. I learned my lesson with being too aggressive in staying in Tokyo with 5-6 players involved. Two of my monsters paid dearly for my error. Once I got down to four monsters the game opened up nicely. Cards got played much more than the first time. I almost had the Rapid Healing/Friend of Children combo go off, but I had another monster buy it so the other monster didn't get it. Even Bigger won the day as the winning monster won with 2 life left.

Rapid Healing being spend two energy to gain one life. Friend of Children is gain an additional energy anytime you gain energy. Even Bigger is +2 health and your max health becomes 12 versus 10.

Thumbs up so far and I think as I play it more I'll only like it more as well. I think it scales well with more players but you definitely have to play conservative to start if you have 5-6 players. Only real possible complaint is players going brute force style and thus limiting the usefulness of cards. I prefer not playing a game of seeing how many damage and heal dice players can roll on their turn mixed in with monsters inside of Tokyo merely rolling for damage.

Next weekend I'm aiming for at least one walk through of Dungeon Crawler and Dominion. Once school is done, I'll take time to go to some of the local game shops.

Last edited by Matthean : 04-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote