View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #6402
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I think the Lay Healer is a secret tank of massiveness and bhlloy was realizing it. Expertise and Toughen make clerics able to solo things, and the Lay Healer with Expertise and the armor of a Myrmidon doesn;t even need Toughen, which is subtly what makes them so good - able to use max armor and shield. Lay healer doesn;t waste a turn to heal, and has the HP and Attack ability of a fighter. I almost dropped Expertise from the cleric list because of the Lay Healer's ability to break it, and even though a lot of clerics went in that direction, I don't think it was that bad.

This is true, but I would bear in mind that I wouldn't have even have been able to take expertise but for the free two levels I got from hoops drinking the potion. If you could get past level 6 quick enough you might have a shot at winning but it's pretty tough to do on your own. Even with the two free levels I still didn't really get close to winning.

I think if I could do it again I might try and stick to a two person party but beggars can't be choosers, when Zinto and Julio came along I was barely scraping by the level 1 battles I was fighting. And honestly, I can think of one battle at least we may not have won if there were only two of us. There's very little room for error with that class.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote