View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #6511
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Were shop items and treasure items random or preplaced and predetermined by day?

It took about a week for me as a new player to really appreciate buying items and IDing them and getting use out of things like horse and heal pots. (although i really didn't need healpots that much until the deeper dungeons)
And it seemed once I started going shopping and had enough gold finally to buy things, there didn't seem to be cleric items available.
I guess the luck of the draw.
Getting the Chain +1 early on was a lifesaver tho. But I never saw a lot of miscellaneous defense until the ring of Prot +1 that everyone could get. Made me wish clerics could use a shield

Part of it is random sue, and the other part is to trade with others using Scrolls. This game rewards getting what you need, and if you have to send 200 gold at someone for what you need, then do it. I can;'t tell you how many Wizard Spel l Scrolls were sold all game long by people wh might have gotten more than teh sale price from Danny. Danny would have loved to have bought a level two scroll of 175 instead of 250 at the DJ sale, and you would have made an extra 50. But that was not done nearly as much as could have been.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote