View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #185
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Lyons was not Xavier's point guard. If he wants to play the point, get ready for lots of frustration.

Plus, he's a fucking douche, and drew a lot of technicals last year. Good luck with that.
Everything I've read said that he's talented, he just freelances a lot and isn't all that disciplined. That's not bad as Miller's number one coaching trait is discipline. If he comes in and starts taking bad shots and mouthing off, he'll find himself on the bench. Miller benched, suspended and eventually kicked two recruits off the team last year (Josiah Turner and Sidiki Johnson) for attitude/conduct reasons.

Lyons knows that any chance of him having a pro career relies on him doing well at Arizona. I expect he will be on his best behavior and have a solid season. If not, I doubt Miller will put up with much. I also like that Miller recruited him and seems to know him pretty well. For a lot of guys, just changing scenery puts them in a better mood as they know if they struggle at one location and succeed at the next - it's easier for them to blame the old place. I'd be pretty surprised if Miller had issues with Lyons given what I've read - but we'll see.

Last edited by Arles : 05-09-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote