View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #153
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Another example that irks me personally : Iīd actually expect that if i buy a book that iīd at least get a seizable discount on the e-book version over someone who didnīt buy the physichal copy. I mean, it is merely a secondary product of the same content, no ? I understand paying for the process of digitalizing it and i also get that the price isnīt that much cheaper compared to the print edition because the content is the same. But the reason i have to pay twice is plain and simple that they want to make more money and itīs not a whole ton of different people making money off it but basically the same group of people simply making more money.

The nice thing about big publishers overpricing their e-books is that I've discovered and supported some decent new sci-fi authors who have priced them very reasonably. You just decide you don't want to pay that much, then look around. At $3 or $4, I can handle the occasional dud in return for saving money and still finding some pretty good reads.