View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC started off the Navy game with a kickoff return for a TD by Lilly to jump to a 7-0 lead. Then Navy, responded by slowly marching it down the field with their option. I've never seen it run so well in this game. Their QB is fast and their FB was powerful. We barely stopped them outside the endzone for a FG. Our passing game was rough all day. I don't know if playing NCAA 13 threw off my timing or it was something else, but I was making horrible throws. A bad pick was followed up by their QB surprising me with a deep throw (when I had 8 men in the box) for a 83 yard TD. Down 10-7, I ran it more and got into FG range to tie it at 10 at the end of 1.

2nd quarter was scoreless as they missed a FG after a long drive and I couldn't move it well at all

3rd quarter was all Navy. Suddenly, I was down 17-10. They made it 20-10 early in the 4th.

With 16 seconds left, they ran up the score with a great pitch to their FB for a 37 yard TD run. We got our 2nd kickoff return for a TD as that was our only effective scoring. We lose 27-17. One of the most satisfying games (to see the option run with some decent results) and frustrating games (my passing game being so ineffective.)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote