View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #530
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
just ended my spending spree with the addition of Jade Empire that never went lower than 50% off but that I really wanted to get...

In all, that's 15 games I got:
FM2012
Binding of Isaac Complete
Skyrim
Tropico 4
From Dust
Civilization 5
Left 4 Dead 2
Witcher Enhanced Edition
Shogun 2 Collection
Assassin's Creed director cut
Recettear
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate
Risen
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
Jade Empire

Total spent comes to 119.41 for stuff that's regularly price at 398.81, or all in all, 70% off. Not all bad and plenty to play for quite a while...

One that's getting me frustrated though is Skyrim. got it started the other evening, went throught the first 30 minutes without a glitch, up to where you pick a race for yoru character. Picked one and saved right after that. Since that time, every time I try to start the game, I'm getting a hang up and a message that says "failed to initiate renderer". Even if I go to "options" and ask the default so the game would pick graphic levels for me, it says the game has picked "high" level for graphics. I'm a bit frustrated by this, probably even more since that was the one game I spent the most money on.

My computer is a brand new laptop, Dell XPS15 with an i7 cpu, 8GB RAM and a GeForce GT540M for graphic card with 2 GB of VRAM.

Only thing I did after the time the game ran well is update my videocard drivers, which actually should help it, not make the game not work...

FM

FM, have you tried going into NVidia Settings, Manage 3D Settings, Add the executable for Skyrim, select High-performance NVIDIA Processor.

I have the same video card on my ACER Aspire 4750G.

For some reason, a lot of the Steam Games detect the GT540M and set their settings accordingly, but the one that's actually running is the Intel Integrated Graphics Chip.

This should force the Laptop to switch to the NVIDIA processor whenever you load the game. I do this for all my games, essentially.