View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I've been getting into Whiskey and Scotch lately. My latest trip to Costco found me wandering around aimlessly in the Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon section.

When I want to sip on something nice, I'll pour a Glenlivet 15 or something like that. Mostly though, I sip on Jameson, which I find to be sweet and delicious with 2 ice cubes and a splash of water.

I'm considering trying something else, ideally in the same price range (or lower). This will be strictly for random, non-special occasion, sitting on my ass playing FOF while the Giants are on...sipping.

Suggestions?

The options at Costco are as follows:

Jim Beam Straight Kentucky: $20 - 1.75L
Jack Daniels No. 7: $31 - 1.75L
Makers Mark: Can't for the life of me remember
Knob Creek: ???
Johnnie Walker Red: $30 - 1.75L

If you have another suggestion, I live near a supersize liquor store that sells everything under the sun for a great price...even better than BevMo.

xoxo

Ever drink rye? When I want something cheaper, I grab bottles of a rye called (ri)1 for $25 (NYC prices, so I imagine you could do pretty well). It's very smooth on the rocks, no water needed.

I went to Bermuda a few weeks ago so I've been on a Dark & Stormy kick. Couldn't find ginger beer anywhere around here so ordered a case of Diet Barret's from beveragesdirect.com. Add some Gosling's and we're good.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote