Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #791
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Yeah, that game looks great. I really want in the $75 level. Get the game and both expansions. But Im trying to curb my game spending, so I will not be in on this.
You know Brass is coming again, right? Im thinking that may be on a future purchase.

Yeah, Brass is on the want list as well, but I'm thinking of pushing it back to 2013. I don't see it as being a game that's going to sell out like some of the new stuff does. If you order online, there's really no difference in preorder price and regular price. There was a copy of it at the local Con I went to, but I didn't get a play in. There is a get together with the local city gamers group this weekend, so maybe then or during another one I'll get a chance to play it. If I find out I can get access to it at a decent rate, I might just leave it at that.

TMP and King of Tokyo: Power Up are the last two for 2012, but I was thinking just the base game for TMP and getting it via CSI completely unaware of the KS project. The next Band of Brothers war game is in preorder phase, and it's dealing with Panzer tanks, but I'll slide that to 2013 as well although war games are notorious for being out of print for periods of time. I'm even partly thinking of pushing back finishing off Summoner Wars when the reprints and new stuff comes out. At first I was like, "It's just a couple of packs I need." I later went back and figured it's 8 packs so it's more towards $70+ without shipping factored in since I want to get some of the promos and you can only get them from Plaid Hat. I know they will be there when I want them to be. 2013 is mostly backlogging and getting the couple of games which are big next year that I deem worthy of being bought.