View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of the issues we’ll have next year is that I didn’t set myself up for this. Let me see I I can explain. I extended Beattie by a year. Beattie is good for League 1 but Championship is a very large step up. Plus he’s getting year older – now I wish I hadn’t done that. Similarly, I wouldn’t have brought in the striker I signed or Michael Stewart . They were supposed to help me to get out of L1 next year, and then Beattie would have left and I would have a nice hole to replace with a bigger budget.

Well, here we go.

I have my staff roles expanded for next year, so I can go ahead and make some hires there. I make an offer to Andrew Bernal, who is English, Spanish and Australian for a scout. I make an offer for a new Assistant Manager – Ian Woan. Make an offer to a new GK coach named Alec Chamberlain. Mark Chamberlain is made an offer to be a coach for me, as well as Brian Tinnion. That good for now. I want t see what my new staff look ike before I bring in others

Alright, my new staff is here let’s take a look.

Okay, I have four star training in: Tactics (Woan), Strength (Hendry), GK Shot Stopping (Taylor), GK Ball Handling (Chamberlain the First), Attacking (Cole), Ball Control (Chamberlain the Second), Shooting (Tinnion). I still need a coach each for Aerobic, Defending. I make an offer to James Bowker to be a coach. He’s a 4 star tactics guy and I move Woan to 4 star defense.

My players are on break until Jul 1

Movement:

Tranmere beat Plymouth 4-2 and are promoted from League 1 along with us and Bournemouth. Relgated back from L1 to L2 are Yeovil, Rochdale, Brentford and Shrewsbury Man U won the EPL and a Cup and are celebrating the “double” QPR, Birmingham and West Brom are relegated. Rumors are that Birmingham might want me as a coach, but since we’ll be in the same league next year, I publicly announce that I’m not interested. Burnley finished 6th in the Championship but won the playoffs and joins Leicester and Southampton as promoted teams to the EPL. Charlton, Ipswich and Notts Co were relegated down to League 1. Relegated back to the Conference are York and Macclesfield. Promoted are AFC Wimbledon, Colchester, Hartlepool and Crawley.

Michael Owen has announced his retirement in a month. It’s early, at the age of just 33.

All of my players think I should keep Owen. I kind of like the fact that he is leaving by retiring, because then I don’t look bad. Alright, fine. I offer Owen a contract for one more year and a reconsideration of his retirement. My new signing has arrive, Dutch footballer Harrie Gommans. We’ll look at him later.

Gonzalez, Jau and Sodje also announce retirement. I can’t talk Owen out of retirement (yes!).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote