View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to April – Ilunga and Dongou in Team of Week, Dongou Young Player of Month,

5th – Leeds, home
12th – Norwich, away
19th – Brighton, home
22nd – Reading, away
26th – Bournemouth, home
May 5th – Watford, away

We are currently in 6th place. Our remaining schedule pits us against the 11th 12th 13th, 9th, 14th and 18th teams in that order. We have a chance to remain in 6th and have a playoff slot. We are two wins above Middlesbrough in 7th. We got lucky catching some better teams at the right time, and we got very very lucky with Dongou, plus Delle is allowing fewer goals per game than a Carlos did – Carlos was 46 goals in 28 games, Delle is 14 goals in 12 games. Delle has 4 clean sheets, Carlos has 5. So the combination of Delle and Dongou have been really good, and sinc ewe signed Delle we moved from 10th to 6th in the league charts. That’s not an accident. The team still needs a lot of improvement to get promoted, but we are in a good place with core younger players such as Barty, Nijland and those guys.

Jordan Jones has returned from a long loan. I give him a spot to get some play. I move back to the 4-3-3
and drop Dan Martin back to the youth squad. We have starting Bunjaku, Avci, Daineche, Barty, Ilunga, Delle, McKee, Tonge, Molhoek, Nijland and Dongou. I give Jones the #40 jersey. We begin controlling. A lot of aggressive ball by both sides early. A few shots on target by both teams. By the 30th minute we’ve had four shots on target be stopped by their GK. A corner kick is kicked out to Dongou in front on the goal who tries to head it in. It falls to Barty who kicks it in 36th minite. Nijland gets a great cross to Dongou, who with a diving header nails in into the back right corner of the net in the 38th minute. Avci is injured jut before the half, in goes Gorman. Half. Bunjaku gets a card and Barty does as well. They power a goal past both Delle and Gorman for a goal in the 63rd. I sub Jones in for Molhoek. My final sub in the 82nd minute is Dongou out for Gommans. He’s very tired and I need to pull him to reserve him for the next game. Game. Barty is MOM and in Game of Week.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote