View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #188
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We may have a problem, hold on. I don’t now why but Hammond is not HG. He’s English, and he started in English leagues. His entire career he’s been at English teams – Brighton, Aldershot, Leyton Orient, Colchester, Norwich and Southampton. How is a native English guy who’s played his whole career in England NOT homegown? In fact, he was with Brighton for his first six years until 21 or 22, with Aldershot and LO just loans. Is there some quirk I don’t get, or is the game flawed? This is bad because I was relying on his HG-ness to work. I move Hammond to squad rotation status. My next loan offer was to a Danish guy, but that won’t work. What HG players can I acquire for my middle spot?

No loaners are here. What about the transfer market? I make a few offers and I make an offer, very expensively, for a guy on a free, just in case. My first offer, accepted by Chelsea, is for an aging Frank Lampard, but he’s not interested in coming down. I admit that was a long shot. I have to walk away from David Jones, 29 year old guy who’s solid, cheap to transfer, but wants too much money.

We start Salku for the 3rd game, vs Middlesbrough and Mbemba - I begin counters. A corner hits Barty, the ball rebounds off the top and falls to Gromstad who puts it in for a score. Salku picks up a knock in the 12th minute. I replace him with Wood. Tonge get a yellow. Some pressure in the 30s. Delle stops a few shots. They get a cross and their guy with a diving header puts it in in the 40th. Half. A long shot from Nijland gives us the lead. We keep it and win 2-1 on the road.

Well, we have the guy off a free, and he’s overpriced ,but he’ll work.

Henri Lansbury, M RCL, 10k/week, 2.1 mill, 23, signed until 2019, I couldn’t get him down. 13/15 speed, 14 passing, crossing, 15 drib, first touch, technique, creativity, 14 flair, finishing, otb, 13 determin, 12 stamina, fitness, tackling, anticipation, composure, decisions, etc Fairly Ambitious – last year ha 40 starts for Nttm Forest with a 6.97 rating.

Lansbury -

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote