View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #265
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our game vs Argentina has arrived. I have some seriously knackered players. Shea is out for Adu. Castillo is out for F Johnson. Acuna, injured in the last match is available for a sub, but Pontius is in his spot. Edu is staring for Williams, but Willaims is available for a sub. Alright, here we go! We begin countering. Good luck lads! Messi nets a goal at the 11th minute mark, but we hold them off until Edu is injured in the 43rd, and I sub him out for Williams. Half time. 2nd half with some seriously tired players. They just injured Johnson, and when he was down, went through him and scored in the 55th. In the 64 I pull Dempsey for Torres. My final sub at the 70 is Davis is for Bradley. Chandler injured in the 81st minute. I put Williams in his spot, Pontius in Williams, Williams in Adu’s and leave Jozy up front by himself. Game. Colombia lost, and it’s Brazil v Argentina in the Final. Chandler and Edu are injured.

We have Colombia in the 3rd place match coming up.

Our new roster – Acuna, Altidore, Howard, Shea, Castillo, Soares, Hedges, Spector, Bradley, Williams, Dempsey. I begin countering. They fouled Altidore in the box and I put on Depsemsey for the pk and we get a score in the 22nd minute. Just before the half, they score back and it’s even at the break. On the other side, we get a yellow for two players, one of which was Spector and the other Howard for arguing with the ref for the card against Spector. Colombia scores in the 55th minute. But then, light in the tunnel, when they get a red card after a striker got a second yellow. I order my folks to move forward, but they are tired from the earlier games I sub three in early, because if we lose one to injury, we still go to 10:10 But alas, we aren’t able to find that last goal to send it to extra time, and we lose 1-2.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote