View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #266
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I play one of my Welsh friendlies today. I will take the game myself, since this is a good place to start seeing what I have got. I bring a bunch of youth onto my backups for the game. Salku and Paramio are still on international duty. They are in the U19 World Cup. They will be there for a while, Salku with Germany and Paramio with Spain. This is our Port Talbot match. I am starting Iordache instead of Mbemba or Gromstad to give him some experience. I initiate things by controlling. We have begin very aggressively. After Port Talbot gets two yellows in the first 15, I tell my guys to tackle loosely. A lot of shots, few on target by us. Iordache lobs the ball deep to Wood, who grabs it, lobs the keeper, and scores in the 39th minute. Halftime. I tell them room for improvement, but did well, none responds in any way. We open the second half with a score in the 49th minute. Bakenga crosses to Maas who was coming in off the right side, and Maas drills it for a score. Then Pepe powers one past the GK after begin set up in the 55th minute by Battaglia. I make some subs. On come Jiri Papuga for Joleon Lescott, Justin Taylor for Joe Cole and Soren Schnieder for Jacques Maas. My next subs are ST Dave Lowing for Wood, Stephen Cooney for Stef Nijland. My final subs are Thomas Bates for Bakenga, David Murphy for Simone Pepe, Henri Lansbury for Battaglia, Gromstad for Barty, and Mbemba for Iordache. Lowing gets a pass from Lansbury and drills it in the 81st minute. Game. 4-0 win. MOM is Pepe.

I agree for a high cup bonus and normal league bonus for the team. Our final Welsh match is today, the 29th, against Bala. It’s just two days later, but my people weren’t that tired and I subbed so many of them out, that I make no changes to my starting roster. I control here as well. Cole feeds the ball to Bakenga in the box who scores in the 2nd minute. I move to light tackling here as well. Bakenga gets another score in the 22nd minute after getting a pass from Barty and running it into goal. He gets the hat trick at the 28th minute from a pass by Wood. I pull him for Thomas Bates. Bates gets a score in the 33rd minute from a pass by Wood as well. Bates scores again at 45:12 with a pass from Cole. Half time. I pull back to counter, and sub in Lowing for Wood and Jean Jacques Casanova for Maas. Cole finds Nijland an he fires a long shot at the 52nd minute for goal. I pull Lescott and Pepe for Papuga and Lansbury. More subs – Gromstad for Barty, Mbemba for Iordache, Schneider for Cole, Taylor for Battaglia and Cooney for Nijland. We win 6-0. MoM is Bakenga.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote