View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #497
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I wonder how many people here would be delighted to take a roll back or freeze on their salary to pay for a mismanaged franchise in their company when the company as a whole was making record profits

I also want to address this quote separately. I don't really see this as being a valid comparison. I think the minute we accept the concept of a salary cap and player drafts and restricted free agency and all the other crazy rules in sports we have to throw out any comparisons to Joe Lunchbox. The North American professional sports world is in it's own little vacuum and has very little to do with the free market economy that the rest of us operate under. And until guys start quitting the NHL to go work some desk job in an insurance company I'm not going to feel too bad about how the big mean owners are treating them.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote