View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #62
DougW
High School Varsity

This is a fascinating read. I am getting the impression that more folks than I suspected hold school in a different light than I. I believe a schools' goal is to (should) be - a lesser partner to parents in molding our children to become well behaved, productive, and of course educated adults. I believe it's their responsibility. And I believe it extends past A's, B's & C's. I believe behavior & respect is a major part of a childs education. Using the Walmart example, if my kid was acting inappropriately somewhere, and one of his teachers saw him - I'd hope the teacher would call him out.

I wouldn't think it OK, if every kid that didn't score as well on every math test as they wanted to was allowed to pick up the phone, and mother fucker the math teacher. Or yell it over a bull horn for all the other faculty and students to hear. Or in this case, the internet.

I also am thinking a large part of this is peoples fear of not having complete internet freedom. Like, the interwebz are like talking to a priest or lawyer - and untouchable. Which is bull. Internet or not, people are still accountable for their actions, or in fantasy internet world .. their words.

And, in my book - saying "Fuck You Lombardi" loud enough for him to hear, as well as every student & all other faculty members is completely disrespectful, and "bad". And should be punished.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote