View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #1099
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Down to 17 players on the roster, and cleared up 197 million under the cap. We just have the 1/13 pick this year, so not much hope for a light out player.

I make an offer to FA TE Lincoln Woodson, S Everett Welch and C Korey Knieval, three of my draftees that are good and loose. I also offer to P Ross Von Hagel. I have an RFA who’s not bad, but this guy is money.

Needs - starting QB, RB, FB, TE-ish, WR, OT, OG, C, P, DT, LBx2, CBx2, S

I take a look at the draft to see if I can find good starting QB or if I’m forced to grab someone from the FA market. There are two good QB - Zack Miney is okay and Floyd Sheppard is a great prospect. I doubt either is falling to us, so I make an offer to a FA and star QB Myron Evans, in his 19th season, been NFL MVP twice in 49 and 50, won Super Bowls, and so forth.

Okay, that’s it, five targets for my team.

Our Punter signs after the first week. I up my offers on a few players we are outbid by other teams. Nothing in week 3, and I massage my offer to Woodson. In week 4 , C Knievel signs with us, and my QB heads elsewhere. Everett Welch heads to San Diego. I had a better offer. Ah well.

I make an offer to QB Anthony Dorman, 17 year vet. He signs the following week. We sign Lincoln Woodson three weeks later, week 8. I missed on Everett but hit on everyone else I cared about - P, Knievel and Woodson.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote