Thread: X-Com
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #293
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Dola...played another late night. This time tried the "Classic" but wimped out on Ironman. However, I've been treating it as such anyway, mainly because my trainwreck of a game has been oddly compelling. I truly am finding out just how long I can go at sucking before finally losing (still haven't lost yet). My first month wasn't too bad, but then I hit a bomb disarmament mission. The bomb itself wasn't so bad, but I got wiped out by the thin men who dropped in afterwards (those guys are absolute bastards at range with their poison gas attacks). It didn't help that my guys panicked, either. After losing that one, I've been on a precarious edge, barely having enough guys to even fill a mission roster. I bailed on a UFO interception because I was pretty much down to rookies and my prior UFO interception lead to a near wipe-out of my team. This lead to my first terror mission, which I discovered left no time for shoot-and-scoot tactics. I had to let my rookies (and the one sergeant I picked up for winning a prior battle) just blaze away regardless of cover or percentages and hope for the best. Somehow I managed to keep three of them alive including the sergeant. Lost a dozen civilians, though. My situation board is pretty much orange or red everywhere except Germany at this point. Don't know how much more I have left before it's all over, but I'm having a blast losing in this game.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote