View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Passacaglia
Coordinator

We've finished the 4th round. We had some conflict in the 4th round -- I think this is the first round we had any, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Assyria and Babylon got into it a little. They fought in Aleppo, where each civ lost 1 population. Assyria ended up in control of the territory (at least, I assume so, since they have it now inj Round 5).

Illyria and Thrace also fought, in Illyricum. Each civ lost a population.

Africa has built a city, making them the first to do so.

Babylon and Egypt are the first civs to be held back in the AST. Those civs needed to have two cities in order to move up, but neither of them did so. Some other civs will have that requirement if they want to move up in the AST in Round 5: Africa, Iberia, Crete, and Assyria.

And now we're in Round 5. Here's the Census, after Population Expansion:

Egypt -- 32
Iberia -- 30
Babylon -- 30
Assyria -- 28
Thrace -- 27
Africa -- 20
Illyria -- 18
Crete -- 9

For those of you with 27 or above, you'll want to note that there's only 47 tokens. So if you keep your population as high as it is, you won't be able to expand as much as necessary. For example, Egypt has 32 population, so they would only be able to expand 15, instead of the 32 they could potentially expand otherwise. There's two ways to get rid of population if you want to maximize your expansion -- build cities, or attack your neighbor. Not that I'm trying to discourage anyone from attacking their neighbor, but you guys have probably figured out by now that building cities is important.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote