View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January 15 – A commando from an unknown power infiltrated our Academy and tried to destroy our BattleMaster 2C, a vintage Star League mech with the very rare commander cockpit that we use for training. Although unsuccessful, more than 300,000 in damage was done to it before our troops arrived and killed the commando. We cannot discover who sent her.

This upcoming era is a continuing one of many scenario packs. These are scenarios that detail major events in the universe that a player can play along with. Some, such as Tukayyaid and Luthien detail a major campaign on that world, and those are past. Some others detail many battles over years by one unit, such as Tales of the Black Widow Company and The Black Thorns. A few are for role-playing purposes, such as Unbound and Royalty and Rogues. Finally, others detail generic campaigns that one can put their own unit into, such as Operation Flashpoint and Operation Stiletto. We have not been able to do any of these save for Living Legends, but I’d like to do a few more. We will be doing Lawyers, Guns and Money, and I suspect I’ll be accelerating when it happens. I’d like to do a few others from this era as well. Depending on what paths we do in this chapter, we could be in several of these. We are powerful enough that we could be with operation Bulldog, and then do The Dragon Roars, or we could be in Task Force Serpent and do Twilight of the Clans, or we could be the new replacement for Brion’s Legion rather than the 21st Centauri Lancers, and could do The Fall of Terra. I still see Operation Stiletto as an obvious choice for us, and may move it up by a year or two to fit into the campaign better. So it will definitely be run in this chapter.

I’m also considering something a bit…unusual. I’m thinking about running MechCommander 2 as part of this overarching campaign. We’ll see if it works or not. It depends on where we are when that happens. I can’t run it too early, because it is set against the backdrop of the D vs S C War, so I can’t accelerate it into the Chaos too early. Well actually, let me take another look at the videos and mechs. Yeah, a lot of the mechs haven’t even been released yet, such as the Men Shen and Razorback. –I think I could move the plotline to 3057-3058 era and just substitute it for the actual campaign for Carver V quite nicely, but otherwise, the mechs and such force me to move it until later.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote