View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2016 OffSeason Part I

No franchise tag. (No one worthy that I'm allowed to tag.)

After renegs/extensions/RFAs, we have a little over $20M to spend in FA. Of course, our #1 WR and starting QB are both FAs, so most of it will probably go to those positions. Per my house rules, WR Helm (73/73) is due at least $11M per year, which is exactly his asking price. Of course, I have to do that with an all-bonus deal.

Interesting decision at QB. Swann (26/26) wants a very affordable contract and is in his 6th year on the team. There's also a 40/40 guy with 54 SR and 48 Accuracy in FA who would be even cheaper. I decide to go with Swann and his cohesion.

I'm going to assume Helm, with 100 Loyalty and a high-bonus contract for pretty much the same $$/yr as his asking price, is going to sign with us, and that Swann will be uncontested. That leaves me with around $7M to play with. I decide to go after an OT ($4.3M per year required). The 56/56 guy I want wants a little more than my minimum, and is offered $4.8M per year.

So, three deals offered prior to FA1:2. Signings in the next post...