Objective: Sweep and neutralize hostiles

Assault Team Rank Specialty Missions Kills Gear
Sterling Silvers II Corporal Sniper 3 5 Scope
Poli Rules II Rookie None 0 0 Grenade
Benton Gale III Rookie None 0 0 Grenade
Coffee Warlord III Rookie None 0 0 Medikit
DJ Thomas III Rookie None o o Medikit
Thunder-1 SHIV

With such a green squad we take the SHIV and give plasma rifles to Gale and Rules, hoping it will be enough. We set down on a dark downtown street and head out. Thomas immediately spots tow mutons as he sprints to a car and they dive behind a taxi, might as well start with the tough ones. I send the SHIV up and leave it exposed to draw fire, though it misses with a burst from its mini-gun. Warlord gets up to Thomas and also misses, now our rookies are about to get baptized.

The mutons both go for the SHIV and damage it, but it is still on play, plan worked. Poli moves up and hits the mutons cover with a grenade, starting it on fire, which will flush them out. Thomas and Silvers both miss, but the SHIV wounds one of the mutons with a short burst. Gale misses and Warlord lightly wounds the second muton, now they get a crack at us again.

The SHIV goes bye-bye on their next attack and Poli takes a solid hit, but the car they are behind blows up and kills one. Guess Poli gets credit for a kill there. Poli falls back to get treatment as Thomas misses the standing muton but Silvers does not, dispatching it with a well placed shot.

Silver spooks two more mutons as he advances and falls back, as Gale misses a shot. Three thin men quickly join the fun and we are about to get put to the test. We dodge a bullet as the thin men fall back and only one muton fires, missing Thomas. Gale lobs his grenade at the muton and wounds it, taking its cover out as well. Warlord lines the now open muton up and drills it, wounding it further but not killing it. That honor will fall to Silvers who nabs his second kill.

Holy shit, three more mutons come up to join, are you kidding me? They take positions and we have to make something happen. Thomas and Gale miss their shots, but Silvers is able to wound the closest muton. Poli needs to make a big shot and she misses as well. Déjà vu all over again.

A thin man moves up and wounds Gale, followed by a grenade that kills Gale, Poli and Thomas, sonof…….We are screwed again. Warlord goes down courtesy of a second thin man and Silvers takes a plasma blast to the face ending his life as well. We suck again, though in fairness we had no chance once those three extra mutons joined the parade.

Summary
Operation Patient Moon - Failure
Aliens killed: 3 – Terrible
Operatives lost: 5 – Terrible (plus a SHIV)

Artifacts recovered
None

Promotions:
None

This could be our death knell and I wait for the news as the empty Skyranger comes home. Germany goes into mass panic, but no other bad news, as if I need any. At this point it is hopeless, but we will go to the last man.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote