View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttfrk View Post
Actually, I completely disagree. 1 - 10 works so much better now because you don't automatically know which of your 10 rated players are the best. I find that evens things out a little even with the inflated ratings; which will regress now that the feeder leagues are gone. In a few seasons those 6 or 7 rated players will actually be able to make a major league team and contribute.

Ugh! I don't mean to be a pest, but more than half the league preferred the 1-10 scale and, like most things in this league, it is just arbitrarily changed with no warning or discussion. I know this is your league, but it is difficult to get invested in it and be part of the community when things change all the time without having a chance to give your opinion / thoughts.

What else changed that caused some consternation? I'm just curious, because New York (ex-owner) said something similar.

The thing is, the majority of the people here are folks from a different community so they know me pretty well. A few others are folks from FOOL 1.0, so they sort of know how I operate and then a few others are guys who have been with the league since the first few seasons over here (Memphis, Rio Grande, Carolina, et. al.) and so...I tend to think everyone is on board unless they speak up.

But you're ALWAYS welcome to speak up, especially new guys who aren't in the cabal because I won't know what you're thinking and I value the participation and want to keep it interesting.

The stats thing last year was the first time in 32 years we've had that problem and it wasn't intentional, so I hope people cut me some slack with that...I'd already started simming so it was too late to just stop and start over again with new modifiers by the time I noticed the problem.

So yeah, don't feel like you need to be shy. I obviously do tend to do things by fiat, because it makes it easier (and historically, people don't seem to care one way or another...and when they do, they speak up and then I know) but I do value the feedback on stuff people are liking/not liking.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote