View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
wolvie109
n00b

The problem I have with getting a first round pick for lost RFAs is that it give me absolutely no incentive to re-sign people. I mean if I designate someone as my RFA and someone outbids me, why would I ever pay more than what I wanted if I get a first round pick for them? If I'm getting a sweet first rounder for it why would I bother. On the flip side this give me no incentive to bid on a guy if I'm potentially going to lose a first rounder. The other thing I wondering about is what happens if I win 2 different RFAs from two different teams? Who gets my first rounder and what does the other guy get? If I give up my second rounder who decides who gets my first rounder and who gets the shaft?

Also on the flip flip side, why would I ever want to lose my first rounder in order to match the current bid. That makes totally no sense. That is a lose-lose situation for me. If someone is willing to overpay for one of my players no matter how good they are, I'm not going to give up a first rounder for someone that I have to PAY $30 million a season for. If someone is willing to pay that much good luck to them because they just spent nearly a third of their payroll on ONE GUY. If I free up $30 mil of my cap space, I'd let the guy go, keep my first rounder and spend monies on other things.

Last edited by wolvie109 : 02-21-2013 at 09:48 AM.
wolvie109 is offline   Reply With Quote