Thread: Crusader Kings
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #519
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I am loving my current game I started at the Third Crusade savepoint as Kingdom of Portugal - using CK2+ mod as I pretty much always do these days, along with Friends and Foes mod which I am trying out for the first time, but like. Portugal is interesting because it's such a small kingdom I really feel like I know everything that's going on. I've had some really interesting relationships with the republics so far - basically I kept getting sent gifts from the Republic of Tuscany and then eventually they asked me to start an embargo war against Genoa, and they would pay me to do so, as well as cover my costs if we lost.

Long and short we won, I got some nice money for destroying Genoese trading posts as well as the initial payment. Not sure if this is part of the Republic DLC or other mods I have but I found it fun.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote