View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #1925
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Can anyone recommend any good RPGs on the iphone/ipad? I'm looking for something like Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger, something along those lines.

There are a lot, depending on what you like...
Touch Arcade might be the best place to see what's really current.

On my iDevices right now I have Final Fantasy Dimensions (I bought it when it was on sale), Cthulu Saves the World, Baulder's Gate, On the Rain Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 (the Penny Arcade game).

An old-school RPG is Dragon Fantasy. The guys who make it are actually making an update and brining it to Vita and are bringing Dragon Fantasy II to Vita, too (Sony is really looking for small developers to do Vita stuff).

Square Enix also put out a series of games called "Chaos Rings." I played the first one and thought it was pretty good (and easily played in small sessions). I didn't end up buying the sequels, though, mostly because they were large games at the time and I had small devices (memory-wise). There are also a lot of the old remakes, including Final Fantasy I, II, Final Fantasy Tactics, ChronoTrigger, Phantasy Star II. I haven't played any of these.

There are also the following which I bought based on various recommendations I read, but haven't played. Some may be less like Mana and CT, more 3rd person:
Pocket RPG
Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Knights of Pen and Paper
Inotia/Inotia 2
Highborn
Dungeon Hunter
Book of Heroes
Ash
Aralon: Sword and Shadow
Across Age DX

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote