View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So Friday was an off day for me and my planned schedule was to do interval training on Saturday and Sunday was an easy run. Because of family and kids and such that did not go quite as planned though.

I have been trying to encourage my oldest daughter to run more with me, she is 12 and I want her to do more than just play video games and watch tv. For the past couple of months she has been running off an on, starting primarily after she got into playing Field hockey in school. My biggest challenge is that she is only with me on every other weekend, it makes it difficult for me to try to build healthy habits for her.

Saturday morning, I went with her to a local weekly race that is held just to run it with her for fun. It had been over a month since I last ran with her, and it did not go that well for her. She did ok for the first mile but then started running out of gas quickly, a clear sign that she just hasn't been running much. My goal wasn't to drive her into the ground though, I just wanted to be supportive and encourage her, so we just took an easy pace and finished 33rd and 34th out of 34. On the plus side though, she did win a free shirt out of the weekly raffle

3.1 miles in 39 minutes

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote