View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #307
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
can anybody explain the mechanics of how the ABA is handled by the game ? Are the players coming from the historical DB and then are filled up with fictional players ? Is it all fictional to start ? How do the 2 leagues interact ? What setup should you choose when, say, starting in 1960 ?

It will depend on the settings you use. With the most recent patch, you can select historical db for both the ABA and NBA leagues. Just make sure you set the Database League setting to the matching league. In this setup, the game start the NBA league as usual with players from the correct seasons. Then when the ABA starts, it will add to the ABA rosters any player who was on the roster in the first season but has not already appeared as a player in the NBA. Each season the draft pools should get filled with any rookies from the corresponding league and then any remaining spots would be filled by scrubs.

Quote:
It seems starting in 1960 and then vaing the ABA added results in a ton of amazing players added for that league.

It could be that the fictional pool needs to be diluted a bit when starting a league in the middle of a career.

Quote:
Also, how do (as an example) the very low 3pt ratings of NBA players from the 60s impact the game engine ? Or how the game rates them ? (in 2012 a PG with a 0 for 3pt shooting will not be looked upon favourably when teams sign players f.e., how is it in the 60s ?). Is it just not taken into acount at all ?

Right now it is factored in normally. Might need to be tweaked.

Quote:
they donīt seem to have one, but when editing a league they do have an age displayed (in game all you see is if they are a freshmen, soph, jun or sen.)
The ages do seem to track, only that itīs that 1 year too high on average, it seems.

The problem is players on the default FBCB rosters are too old and too good overall.

Quote:
a couple issues when playing historically: players donīt play the heavy minutes they used to and thereīs too many tall, good players that the game creates on itīs own (for the ABA ?)
Wilt for example averages around 30 MPG due to heavy, heavy foul trouble. Maybe a fouls modifier ? The "fouling" rating might be an issue here. Question: Is high good for avoiding fouls or does it signify a high tendency to foul ?
I'll be working on all of this. There definitely seems to be a bit too many fouls in the 50s and 60s. I also need to adjust the heights of fictional players based on the era a bit.

Quote:
also, is there any chance for blocked shots not being counted as a stat?

I made myself a note to think about an easy way of doing that.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote