View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #480
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Here is a bit of a crazy idea...I admit that I am over-dependant on the colored boxes to judge ability/potential, but work with me here. A full league has quite a few blue/blue players, but that doesn't represent the once a generation type of player like Wilt, Jordan, etc. Can ratings go higher than 10 (or 100 with a full blown scouting) and create the extremely rare, once every 15-20 drafts, purple/purple type of player?

Yes. This is the Wilt coding I talked about earlier.

Also, having annual totals correct and not getting outlier players to be great is an issue in all sports sims. Over at OOTP, Markus often talks about annual totals being right on (there is a big comparison screen in historical sim leagues, for example) but getting Ruth to hit 50-60 homers in the 1920's is still hard--although he's got that to happen regularly now.

In OOTP, there are ratings over the supposed max, ie 1-20 scale a 22 in power. You can toggle seeing this rating on and off, but it is still there.

Just a suggestion that works in another great game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote