View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #75
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Something else to think of. What if it's a close vote today?

That makes us awfully susceptible to vote switches tomorrow (when the actual lynch needs to happen). And the lynch target will have basically all day to tell us we're wrong, which will get annoying and probably counter productive to Day One discussion.

Hrm... look I like the concept. I just don't know if the end all value of it is going to match the concept ideal.

I don't understand your bolded statements (or agree with them if I do understand). A close vote today will still have an outcome (unless we tie, but we never do that). And it doesn't have any impact on Day 1 discussion, it just makes Day 0 Day 1 instead of today being mostly useless for information gathering.

However, there's an argument that not everyone will be around at the 'lynch' deadline, which means that those that aren't will not be able to coordinate their bets properly.

Still, I'd rather try and get something out of today rather than just let it go by without forcing people to make a stand that could be useful in future days, so I still would rather go ahead with an imperfect plan than not having one at all.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote