View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #184
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Mrs Glen posting,

When we went last year, we did the same meal plan as cougar. A couple of things to remember is they will often swap out dessert for an additional side or appetizer. Also, you will most likely get a cup that you can refill at the hotels. That doesn't count toward your drink. We stocked up on bottles of water with the quick serve meal at the hotel, beats buying water in the park.

One more thing, listen to the cashiers, they would often make recommendations about how best to utilize your snack/quick serve allotments. Paying $.50 for a piece of toast and getting a bag of chips to snack on in the park makes more sense than just getting the toast for free.

Oh, yeah. If you are traveling with little ones, they aren't necessarily resigned to the children's menu all the time. I remember we had allotments for adult sit down, child sit down, and quick service... These were not broken down by age.

Yes, to all this. Be sure to check with Cast Members about what qualifies as a 'snack'. You'll be pleasantly surprised what counts as a snack item.

Also, bring back your hotel mugs from prior trips. You can use them them in future years. No one will ever say anything or even imply you are doing something underhanded. We always bring old mugs and look around to see who has ones older than ours. Seeing an 80-year old couple with 'Dixie Landing' mugs sitting in the Port Orleans food court playing cribbage during a squall was a great moment. My daughter keeps an old mug in her car so she can grab a drink if she has work in one of the hotel shops.

Lastly, Disney gets the soda syrup free in return for advertising, so you aren't 'stealing' a drink and costing them a profit.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote