View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #228
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You realize Steam has an offline mode, right? As in, you activate on installation and then don't have to be online to play the game aftewards if you don't want to?

If Microsoft were adopting a Steam model, I doubt the hue and cry would be as loud as it is. They aren't, though. They're requiring the console to check in every 24 hours or you can't play your games. Period.

I always had issues with offline mode. Had to like delete some file and re-boot. Plus a lot of the newer games require you to be online anyway.

I'm sure there are situations where a storm hits the area and I'd be able to power my console via a gas generator for a day that can happen. But I'll probably just read a book if it comes to that. My console has been hooked up to the internet for 7 years without a problem.

Now I'm sure a heavy traveler or someone who can't get internet would turn this console down, but those aren't the people complaining online. Out of all the factors you put into making a decision, I just think this will fall really far down for most people.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote