View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #400
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Awesome job! Sounds like a pretty large field in that race. Did you have corral starts or just a free for all? Very impressive time!

The stats show 3800 in the half marathon, plus another 650 full and an equal number of relay participants (not sure if that's teams or total relay members). There is also a 10k run and a 'super run' and I think another one. So not super massive, but still reasonably legit (it's a Boston qualifier).

Anyways, they send you out in waves based on the event you're running. For the half they split it into two waves, 1:50 and under are supposed to go first and then the rest. I was stuck in line for a porta-john so I ended up starting in between the waves, basically by myself, which ended up being pretty sweet. I caught the back end of wave 1 in reasonably short order but it was still way more manageable at that point than the giant herd start I'm used to.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote