View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

JUNE 18TH
Marshals 5, Destroyers 0
Destroyers 5, Marshals 3
Dirtbags 5, Newsies 2

In Game 2, I made some modest adjustments to the lineup in the hopes of using our versatility as an asset.

Obviously our pitching has been a strength all year. Tom, Cricket and Tim have basically been lights out and that's our difference between what our year initially looked like, well and our offense figured out what it wanted to do.

Tom apparently has some ability at pitcher -- I can't see how much -- just says he has the ability to do it, so I'm using him there. I let him in this game mostly to see if there's a point this post-season where we can use him in that role. If it doesn't go well, I can switch him out early.

He did okay and lasts seven innings. I pull him and put Tom in the game for the last two innings with us down 3-1. Junior came in as a defensive replacement in the 8th and paid dividends offensively getting on base after Micah. Mike scores him home and Lloyd belts a 2-run dinger and now we lead 5-3 heading into the 9th.

After letting Tom get two more outs, I put Daan in the game to get the final out.

He does after giving up a single and we get the sweep 5-3 and end our regular season at 12-4.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote