View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEDNESDAY SERIES GAME 1:

Ducks 3, Dirtbags 2

We left eight guys on base and that just won't get it done. We were up 2-0 through the 8th, when they put up 3 runs in the bottom half of the inning and that was all she wrote. Now we've got to get back into this thing before it gets away from us.

In Game 2, I decided to adjust the lineup a bit. Moved Jonah from leadoff where he's been most of the year to the cleanup spot.

Tonight's lineup that we'll stick with if it works:

Code:
3B Micah C Tom (Who btw is not a pitcher, in that one game I let him throw he gave up 5 walks, struck out 1 and it's a miracle we survived it...oops.) SS Jonah LF Noah 1B Dougie RF Lloyd P Tim CF Mike 2B Junior

It worked and we dominated 9-3 is the final score. Noah went 3 for 4 and we got 2 RBI from both him and Lloyd in the 6-hole. Mike went deep in the 8th to boot and now we're tied and still in this thing.

GAME 3
The problem with a five-game series is that now we're in a situation where guys who haven't thrown much this year, but have pitching ability have to get used. I do have high stamina on, so people are usually able to throw the next day, but...I'm keeping it a bit more realistic and not using guys back to back like that unless they are relievers.

So we're going to try Phil, who I know can pitch -- in theory -- so I can save Cricket for a later game and don't have to use Tom unless I have to. Our advantage since the rebuilding of the team has really been the fact that we have better pitching than most. I want to use that depth -- ok sure we can hit pretty well too, but that's feast or famine -- and make it our advantage.

So anyway, Phil will pitch. He has a solid bat too, so that might be useful.

Going with the same lineup as last game, except pitcher will bat 7th today.

Heading into the 5th, we trail 2-1 and Phil is about exhausted. I decide to go with Tim, because I didn't plan to use him in the next game anyway and if we do use him it'd be for a Game 5 start. I don't quite trust Daan this early in the game.

We tie the game up in the bottom of the 6th on a Lloyd Simons single.

We take the lead in the 7th on a bases loaded walk.

Daan comes in in the 9th to close it out and he does after walking a batter and giving up a single and with that, the Dirtbags now lead the Series 2 games to 1.

GAME 4
Cricket will start this game in the hopes that we can close the Ducks out now.

Today's lineup:
Code:
2B Micah C Tom SS Jonah LF Noah RF Lloyd 1B Dougie CF Mike P Cricket 3B Phil

Ducks take a 2-1 lead after two innings, but we recapture the lead after the bottom of the third putting up two runs off a two-run Lloyd homerun.

In the bottom of the 6th, we try to blow the whole thing open. Micah and Tom both hit doubles, Jonah gets walked and then Noah hits a single that scores a run and advances runners. Dougie scores a run after being hit by a pitch and in the end, we put up four runs and take a 7-2 lead into the 7th.

In the top of the 9th, it's the Ducks last chance. Cricket is still on the mound having only thrown 88 pitches today, yielding 5 hits and striking out 6. After notching his seven strikeout, he gets two more groundouts and with that, the Dirtbags are Wednesday Series champions!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote