View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #844
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Manager Update

With 11 games left to play, and only a half a game lead, I’m a wreck. I look at the schedule to see if I need to make any changes to our rotation for matchup purposes and the stress increases to the point I feel ill. I’ve known for a while about the schedules…us and NL Post, but seeing it in black and white on paper just reinforces what I already knew to the point it hits me like a sledge hammer. We close against the Turn of the Century, the Old Timers, and we have a 3 game showdown with the NL Posters. While they get to play the Caribbean and the lowly Japanese teams.

This season we are only 2 and 8 so far against the Turn of the Century team, with 4 games to play against them, and we are 5 and 2 against the Old Timers with 3 to come. Making matters worse, we are 3 and 8 against the NL Posters with 3 more scheduled. That makes us a horrible 10 and 18 against our opponents in the final 3 series of the season. Whereas, the NL Posters are playing .650 ball against the Caribbean team, and playing over .800 ball against us and the Japanese All-Stars. We are going to really have to play strong down the stretch.

The bad (or is it sad) part is - it isn’t like we are playing poorly. So far in August we are 16 and 12, for the third best record in the league, but the NL Posters are a ridiculous 20 and 8…and could legitimately close in their last 10 games 8 and 2 without much effort…I’m not sure we can do that, even if we are the 2 wins over the NL Posters…
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote