View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #189
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Finished up season 1 as OC at Texas St. Lost a heartbreaker at Arkansas St. Had the ball 1st and goal to win it and just couldn't get into the end zone. Came back to beat W. Kentucky (which was sweet, I hate Petrino) to win the conference and go to the New Orleans Bowl. Our RB, Franks, won the Heisman thanks to a 2000 yd, 38 TD season.

In the bowl game, Middle Tennesse St. stacked the line and slowed down Franks, forcing me to use Rex Grossman, er, Tyler Arndt, who was bad Rex in the first half with 3 picks. Down 35-17 going into the second half, Arndt became good Rex and managed 400+ yds passing as we spread MTSU out. That opened up some lanes for Franks who got a couple of TDs. We tied the game at 38 and scored the winning TD with 2:00 minutes left.

First time in a long time I felt like I had accomplished something on NCAA. Bobcats finished #19 in the polls. I ended up taking the last head coaching job available at Colorado St, promptly ending up with the nation's fourth worst recruiting class (and the ones I signed in the offseason were the best of the bunch). Here goes season two.

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 07-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote