View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #89
MikaV84
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm not sure where to begin with this beauty of a post. Really I guess just two points...

1. Jim has said on here that FOF2K7 outsold any of his other products. If he's lost 1/3 of his customers over the last few versions, I guess that means he's gained a new 34% or more, eh?

2. OOTP uses in-game FTP. PFS uses in-game FTP. How else would you propose he handle MP? Make the files magically appear on your computer? With in-game FTP, you just enter the credentials one time in your copy of the league, and from then on, just press a button that says "import latest league files" or something like that when you want to get the latest league update. And when you want to send your export, you hit another button that says "send files to commish" or something along those lines.

That was me wording the point poorly (losing cumulative sales since the UI has become more dated, not losing sales COMPARED to the last version). And OOTP didnt get on steam either, and it's sales and UI are at a greater level.

My general point stands, and theres no need to get so defensive, since you really didnt even contend the main point. For the record, i've already told Jim - like someone else in this thread did - that i'd help out with the UX and graphics if needed. So im not attacking the game itself, or Jim for that matter, but the point is very clear: if you want a game like this to go big - or even greenlight, the UX needs a complete overhaul.

EDIT: no reason to get into the FTP stuff until we see the implementation - it might be seamless. I deleted a snarky comment on it.

Last edited by MikaV84 : 07-31-2013 at 01:55 PM.
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote