View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The man (a paladin) uses Detect Evil on Alzar and it comes back positive. He refuses to tell Alzar anything and begins to move away. Marilla has moved over and is trying to calm everything down, although she is clearly distressed as well. Marilla asks what cause they had to destroy Alzar’s wagon. The paladin pauses a brief moment, and clearly addresses just Marilla.

“We had been following that wagon for a bit. It is the home of avampire. We lost track of it for over a year, but here it is, ready and moving just a week or so away from before. We have to destroy all of its homes.”

“You think the wagon I bought more than a year ago is the home of a vampire? Are you just insane?”

The paladin darts a nasty look at Alzar.

“Oh sure, if the mage is evil, he certainly can’t tell the truth or make sense. I could say that 2 plus 2 was four and you’d disbelieve me. You destroyed a wagon, you never hailed yourself, gave the person a chance to explain, and now it’s just convenient for you to focus on the fact that I happen to not be a worshipper of your idiot gods rather than own your own evil actions today.”

The paladin moves closer to Alzar and draws his sword.

“Enough,” Marilla demands. Alzar refuses to draw any weapon or prepare any spell. “Will you cut down a defenseless man? Are defenseless wagons too much for you after all?”

The other two begin to gallop up.

“Why are you with this evil man?!?!” He demands of Marilla.

“First of all, I did not know he was evil per se, although I take you at your word that he is. Your temple and abilities are known to me. Secondly, he has rescued slaves twice, freed a local valley from a curse, and destroyed a major threat by taking care of a growing army of goblins and dire wolves. So really, who has done more to help this area in the last year? You or him?”

The paladin pauses briefly, and then sheathes his sword and moves off. Marilla turns to Alzar and asks why he did those things if he is, in fact, an evil person.

“Oh, I am selfish to the core, never forget. But I see no need to turn that against others necessarily. Why hurt others when it brings me nothing? No power? My word and trust are how you truly advance yourself in the long run. I help others to help myself. “

Alzar and the group gather some of the items that were not destroyed and move on.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote