View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #729
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yours has a lot more running in it than mine. Personally, I think running should get more points per mile than walking.

I need to solve the issue where my hips get tight after every run if I'm ever going to become a regular runner. It just saps the enjoyment out of things. Going to try some exercises that are supposed to help, and keep using my roller thing that Alan recommended (I tend to be very inconsistent in my usage of it). Alan/Ben - how often do you use the roller?

At first I only used it when something hurt, but after I went through some continuous issues with Shin splints and ITB band issues, I started rolling at least my calves after every run, and usually roll my IT Band also. If I do some pretty good hill work (or bike) I'll roll hamstrings and quads also.. generally anything that feels worked out now I'll roll after a run.

Doing that seems to have helped keep the nagging aches away for the last few weeks. Now I'm just dealing with the mental struggle of being at the end of my training plan and the wear of all of the miles running and biking are starting to add up for me.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote