View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I always try and nominate players I have little interest in that are still generally popular enough to get high bids. The more you drain your enemies, the better off you'll be in the end. Never nominate someone you actually want, otherwise people will catch on and see that you're bidding more for the guys you nominate, then they'll drive the price up on you.

Be careful driving up the price yourself. You better be sure the other guy is going to bid again if you're bidding just to artificially boost the price.

Be prepared to pay a premium for RB talent. The lack of depth at the RB position makes them extremely valuable in normal scoring.

The price difference between a Drew Brees and an Eli Manning is you'll usually pay about 300% more for Brees. You have to decide what value the QB spot holds for you. Sleepers (Vick, Palmer, Dalton) can generally be had for pretty cheap, and in a 10 team league I wouldn't be afraid to wait and be the last to pick up a QB. There are lots of viable fantasy QB's out there.

The K/DEF strategy above is one I haven't tried, but I can see how it might work. I tend to play defensive matchups through the year as much as possible, so I put very little into drafting a top flight D. Kicker is the same. You shouldn't have to spend more than a dollar for either, but if you value the spot highly and really believe in a team or a kicker, spending 3 or 4 bucks isn't terrible.

I tend to be extra thrifty in my auction drafts, and I wouldn't say I draft the safest teams as a result, but I generally feel as though I get good value on the guys I do grab.

Ultimately, it comes down to drafting a team you will be satisfied with. Don't be afraid to blow 30-40% of your funds on Adrian Peterson if you want to make sure you get him. Just be prepared to bargain hunt a bit elsewhere.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote