View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #24
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
No. But I'd certainly put him in before ever considering Pedroia or Lester.
Both Pedroia and Lester are 29 right now. Through his age 29 season (7 full seasons in Pedroia's case, 10 in Beltre's), Pedroia has 4 All-Star appearances, 2 Gold Glove's, and an MVP; Beltre had 2 Gold Glove's. Through their age 29 seasons Lester has 98 wins, 1214 K's and 2 AS apps, Schilling had 36 wins, 800 K's, and no AS appearances. That's obviously not a perfect comparison, because most players don't start putting up MVP/Cy Young-level numbers after the age of 30, and I agree both Pedroia and Lester are years away from that conversation, but both have a respectable base if they can maintain (in Pedroia's case) or increase (in Lester's case) their production over the next 6-7 seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I completely blanked on Pedro and Manny - Mea Culpa. Pedro is perhaps the greatest peak value pitcher of all time, so yeah.
I know some people are anti-Manny after the PED suspension, but I know how much you loved Pedro, so I figured you just blanked there. Especially as 2004 was Pedro's first post-peak year and he wasn't a huge part of it.

Edit - Just because I was pulling up numbers, Curt Schilling's postseason #'s - 19GS, 11-2 2.23 ERA, 133 IP, 120-25 K/BB, 3 WS's. While the bloody sock game is overrated, his overall numbers and especially 2001 postseason - 6 GS 4-0 1.12 ERA, 48.1 IP 56/6 K/BB - are underrated.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-04-2013 at 11:38 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote