View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #767
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Grats ABC, and Ben glad your recovery is going well so far. Sorry to hear about your struggles Radii, keep strong though, I am sure you will turn the corner and it will all be worth it.

As for me, my half marathon race is this Sunday, and every possible thing that could go unplanned has been. I had to travel this week for work, which was not ideal right before the race. I'll make the most of it though as best I can around everything in the work schedule.

For my foot, my prescribed antibiotics are done with, so pretty sure now all that is left is the healing of the injured foot pad where the hole is. It only really hurts when I walk on hard wood floors barefoot, so been trying to wear shoes or at least socks as much as possible.

When running in my running shoes, it is not a stabbing pain, but more just a dull throbbing the entire time that gets worse the longer I go on. On my 8 mile run, by the end it was aching a bit, but on my shorter runs its been tolerable. At this point I'm just going to suck it up and run with the throbbing this week and then for the race. The doctor said it wouldn't injure it further, it basically acts like a bruise at this point. He said if it is bad I can take an advil, but going to try to avoid that.

In Spoilers, a bonus picture for anyone that wants to see the actual wound It no longer is bloody, and the surface has healed to scab over and become a black looking spot where the hole was made. Fun fun!

Spoiler

Edit: Oh.. and after running 4 miles here in Long Island, I went for all you can eat sushi.. which was either the best thing ever or a really bad idea. I'm not sure which

Last edited by Alan T : 09-09-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote