View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1866
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I used to be a chronic fast foodie...especially breakfast and lunch. I used to hit McDonalds on the way to work and pick up two sausage mcmuffins and a large coffee a couple times a week. Or else it was Tim Horton's for a sausage and cheese biscuit and coffee. Then lunchtime would routinely see me eating at McDonalds, Wendy's, or Dairy Queen. Ugh. I mean, I really enjoy Subway but the closest one is twice as far away as all of the other "bad" fast food joints. Just plain laziness on my part.

It's been 5 weeks or so since I've started to smarten up and like Ben suggests, planning is the key. I have two little girls and a wife that I have to worry about for supper so the first little while had it's moments because my wife didn't want to be making 2 or 3 things for dinner every night so we have teamed up to try and plan more to make sure my dietary change is not causing any extra stress on an already hectic household. I also spend some time throughout the week chopping fresh vegetables (celery, carrots, cucumber, and bell peppers) to make sure there is an easy snack available for the evening munchies and lunches.

I prefer leftovers for lunches so I always try to make sure to make extra protein at supper time so I have enough for the next day or two and the same goes for sides. I'm not particularly fussy when it comes to variety for my meals, but I know eating the same foods over and over again isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Good luck, man.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote