Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #704
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Nit picking a little on the cabin situation since I realize it was meant to set-up Walt's demise due to unabomber-like cabin conditions but I would think a guy that hides fugitives for a living could locate an illegal satalite dish and a big screen TV for someone with millions of dollars of cash. They tried to explain it on why Walt couldn't have a legal hookup but it was a bit of stretch that he had to wait for a month at a time to get updates on his case and family. Doesn't really ruin the show at all for me and certainly shows like Walking Dead, Homeland etc take far bigger leaps out of reality just seemed like Breaking Bad always nails it with covering every angle and this one seemed a bit weak.

I thought the guy explained that getting satellite TV wouldn't work because the trees blocked reception. I've heard of places like that before.

Also, I don't think he'd want to risk some satellite guy going out to the cabin to hook up a satellite while Walt was there because of the risk that Walt could be ID'd.

Finally, I don't think he wanted Walt to be following the investigation or any news on him in "real time" to avoid potential situations like the one he ran across at the bar.

I had no problem with this at all. It didn't feel all that forced or that big of a leap.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote