View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
whomario
Pro Starter

really strapped for time, so not sure how much iīll follow the season. But iīd like to, really looking forward to it a lot more than last year. Hope that not as many good players get injured this season.

some quick tidbits:

Very intrigued to see the Love/Pekovic/Rubio combination with some semblance of perimeter shooting around them (preseason looked good in that regard). Too bad Kirilenko isnīt there, that still bums me out to not see those 4 in action together ...

Durant could really go off this season and post utterly ridiculous numbers early. I think that Adams could be a really good adition even as a rookie, wouldnīt be shocked if he was the guy playing the bulk of minutes at Center in may/june.

The Knicks could be a train wreck of epic proportions if the start is a bad one.

Like with the Timberwolves, iīm all kinds of intrigued to see the Warriors this season. Taking that offense/shooting attack and adding Igoudala and (hopefully) a somewhat healthy Bogut would be neat.

I want to see what Houston can do, as well. Still think that getting a legit 4 and a wing defender instead of Howard would have been the better move, but it is what it is. Donīt see Howard/Asik working in the playoffs, at all. With less game planning in the regular season though, it could. Line coming off the bench is the right move, thereīs no reason not to play him for every minute either Harden (then he handles the ball) or Howard (then he gets to push it on the break) is out the game.
Also, Omri Casspi and/or Motiejunas will be key. Casspi imo is a great player who got injured at the wrong time and then was in terrible situations. Could be a great role player. Motiejunas could turn out to be the de-facto PF when you canīt get away with either the Asik/Howard frontline or Casspi (or even Garcia) at the 4.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote