View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #21
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I want to see what Houston can do, as well. Still think that getting a legit 4 and a wing defender instead of Howard would have been the better move, but it is what it is. Donīt see Howard/Asik working in the playoffs, at all. With less game planning in the regular season though, it could. Line coming off the bench is the right move, thereīs no reason not to play him for every minute either Harden (then he handles the ball) or Howard (then he gets to push it on the break) is out the game.

Also, Omri Casspi and/or Motiejunas will be key. Casspi imo is a great player who got injured at the wrong time and then was in terrible situations. Could be a great role player. Motiejunas could turn out to be the de-facto PF when you canīt get away with either the Asik/Howard frontline or Casspi (or even Garcia) at the 4.

Who would have been the legit 4 that was available this offseason that was a good fit? Josh Smith was the one name that came up but his shooting "philosophy" would have driven the front office nuts (Morey: "look, you're an excellent rebounder and good around the basket so we surrounded you with excellent shooters to pass to if you get in trouble down load. FYI: This shock collar will deliver 50,000 volts if you take a shot outside the paint").

I'm really wanting to see what Casspi can bring. Motiejunas has raw potential but I just don't think he's ready yet and I'm not sure he ever will be. I hope so, tho.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote