View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'm interested in where the love for Northern Illinois and Fresno State, two teams playing bottom five schedules in the FBS, comes from.

Goes back, quite possibly, to what it is the polls are trying to rank (which is a topic that has been discussed here in the past IIRC)

For my own submissions it's combination of how good I believe the teams are and how good a season they've had to date. An imprecise combination of those at that.

I looked back at my rankings for this week, about the only concern I've got about where I put FS and NIU is that I actually have a feeling that NIU might be more capable of pulling off an upset of a better team than FS has. But I can't quite get myself to get them flipped (likely because I haven't seen much of Fresno St and am relying on their record more).

I haven't seen your list for the week yet but IIRC it has Georgia Tech in the top 25 somewhere. I'm supremely confident that either of those teams would pound Tech, a team that hasn't beaten anyone better than UNC all year & was thoroughly dealt with by both BYU and Miami. ANY team worth more than half a damn would flatten the Jackets tbh.

edit to add: As I commented recently (on one of my weekly podcasts IIRC) and have noted for the past several years, at some point there not much difference at all between all the also-rans. The number of legitimately darned good teams is well smaller than 25.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-04-2013 at 02:52 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote