View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #231
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
The conundrum I'm facing.

31 year old Carlos Tevez wants a 3 year contract (carrying him thru age 34) at $10.75m/yr. He's still my second best striker, but only by a hair, and I have a huge transfer kitty (in the neighborhood of $90m this offseason, with which I need to replace him and find an heir for Buffon).

Do i want to be paying a 34 year old Tevez almost $11m/yr? Or do I try to find a younger replacement who is 85-90% of him?

Man - when I type it out it seems obvious that I should let him walk when his contract is up.

Also - letting Victor Valdes go is going to save me some nice $ that I can put towards Buffon's eventual heir as well (once I identify who the hell that is. I've used ter Stegen and Neuer in past games, but we'll see this time around - ter Stegen is already @ Barca having replaced Valdes).

Tough one. Do you have enough wage budget to sign him, utilize your transfer budget to find his eventual replacement then move Tevez later? That way, you may be able to get something out of the deal rather than letting him walk for nothing.

Just a thought.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote